Preparing and Empowering the
“Over 40” Worker for Career Opportunities in the New Economy
Post a Resume
Post a Job
Operations & Tech Support Administrator
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Application Closing Date
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Annual Reviews is looking for a highly resourceful team player with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills to join our Customer Service & Sales Department.
In this position, you will provide support to Annual Reviews’ customers worldwide and our internal team by independently and efficiently handling a wide range of technical, administrative, and operations support-related tasks with a flexible, proactive approach. You will be responsible for effectively managing customer relations, communications, reporting, documentation, and maintaining subscriber databases.
Annual Reviews offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including a business casual work environment, a great health benefits package, personal enrichment benefits, gym reimbursement, a tuition reimbursement program, a matching gifts program, regular employee events and celebrations, free on-site yoga and meditation classes, and most importantly, the ability to work with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work. If you are interested in working with our organization and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, please review the job responsibilities and qualifications required below.
• Provides excellent and responsive customer service to clients, sales agents and team members. Researches, critically problem-solves and investigates root causes of online access issues to our journals and other technical problems, coordinating efforts across teams to achieve the best possible outcome. Resolves issues and then positively conveys updates or solutions to customers or agents.
• Analyzes and determines if problems are indicators of deeper system errors. Takes steps to document new information and to proactively implement processes to maintain database integrity.
• Understands the interactivity of our major systems and how errors can precipitate other systems. Proactively investigates irregularities and tests potential solutions and then effectively communicates results.
• Updates documentation in our customer management system (ACT).
• Manages persistent identifiers (Ringgold ID) by understanding the need for it and why it is important in a supply chain. Works with our IT team members to correct issues and keep identifiers consistent across all systems.
• Recognizes and/or identifies uncommon issues or problems and proactively consults with IT team members for effective resolution to more complex technical issues.
• Works with the Sales Coordinator to assist the Sales Team as needed.
• Prepares and maintains regular and ad hoc reports & extracts reports from ACT, our fulfillment system, our 3rd party portal and other systems.
• Administers online content management of online delivery/availability to include precise setting up of journals’ content slices and licenses and offers in our 3rd party portal. Identifies and develops testing protocol to ensure seamless online access.
• Identifies areas of technical development and continually builds knowledge and skills to effectively perform job. Shares expertise with others.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Occasionally travels to industry events or user group meetings when appropriate to learn about industry standards.
• Shares knowledge from industry events or user groups with relevant AR staff members.
• Performs any and all responsibilities as assigned.
• A minimum of 1-3 years of sales or customer service experience demonstrating both strong customer service skills and excellent technical aptitude (an ability to develop a technical strategy to resolve issues and to creatively work through more advanced issues with ‘outside the box’ thinking) BA/BS preferred.
• Ability to research factual data using the Internet and demonstrate knowledge of common internet protocols and conventions (web browsers, email, HTTP, FTP)
• Intermediate software proficiency with MS Office, particularly strong Excel skills with ability to write intermediate formulas, and basic ad hoc reports as required
• Proficiency in web-based applications
• Strong knowledge of and experience working with the ACT database or similar CRM software.
• Prior experience working with web-based applications
• Demonstrated understanding of the importance of database integrity
• Ability to quickly understand and demonstrate proficiency in technical systems
• Experience in providing online access to content via IP authentication preferred
• Experience with order fulfillment systems such as Microsoft Dynamics or similar is a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and diplomatically in a positive manner
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to exercises sound judgment and seek original solutions for both departmental and customer needs and to prioritize, make decisions, accomplish goals, and work independently
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness and a demonstrated commitment to high quality work
• Strong initiative and sense of urgency
• Ability to work well with other team members within the organization
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask effectively
• Willingness to continually learn and the ability to obtain and retain information essential to helping customers and addressing their inquiries
• Experience in publishing and some knowledge of the scholarly publishing market preferred
If you possess the above requirements, please submit your cover letter and resume by applying online at:
Annual Reviews is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, age, and protected Veteran status.
If, because of your disability, you require a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the Director of Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2017
All Rights Reserved.